First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Why use a computer sound card ?
They can generate programmable analog waveforms
- On one, two, four or even six electrical outputs
- Most offer 1 V drive from less than 100 ohms
They can also retrieve analog waveforms
- On one or two electrical inputs
- Most accept 0.1 V at much higher impedance
Some of them can do both at the same time
Why does every computer have something like that ?
- Maybe you can't sell a computer if it can't play games ...
- People expect games to make lots of interesting sounds