First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Visual rendering is just one module
We have a lot of aircraft
- 737, 747, A-10, A320, AN-225, B-52F, TSR2, ComperSwift
- MD11, OV10, T37, T38, X15, YF-23, a4, airwaveXtreme150,
- as350, asw20, beech99, bell206, bo105, c182, c310, ch47
- dc3, c172, f104, f15, f16, fkdr1, fokker100, fokker50
- harrier, hunter, j22, j3cub, marchetti, ornithopter
- p51d, pa28-161, paraglider, pc7, seahawk, sgs233, shuttle
- sopwithCamel, tu154, ufo, wrightFlyer1903, x24, x24b
Many Flight Data Models (FDMs)
- LaRCsim, JSBSim, UIUCModel, YASim, Balloon, ADA, etc
Several ways for Weather, sound, traffic, controls, etc ...
FlightGear may not have something you want
- You could add it; your software may be GPL incompatible
Many of the aircraft are available in multiple configurations, so that (for example) the A-10 “Warthog” may be clean (with no external stores) or with a standard combat load.
Browsing through the list can take a while, especially if you don't know how the name was represented. Some include the manufacturer, sometimes abbreviated, others don't.
The same aircraft can be available with alternative FDMs, to take advantage of their varying strengths in operations.
All the modular architecture is stored in XML files ...
but we haven't found an editor that meets all our needs.