First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Wright's Flight – and FlightGear
FlightGear model completed in late 2002
- The visual model started life as an MSFS aircraft
- Jim Wilson reworked, enhanced, and animated the model
- The flight dynamic model was based on wind tunnel tests
- Michael Selig and students, Univ Illinois, Urbana Champaign
- example of how FlightGear aircraft are collaborations
Collaboration is key to a successful simulation.
Usually, a given expert is only familiar with the information that goes into a single module's configuration file. For example, this expertise may enable the sound effects file to be populated with realistic audio and parametric modifiers.