First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Three years of progress in visuals
FlightGear has been demonstrated to UKUUG
- Manchester, Linux2001 conference
There was progress outside the project
- Graphics cards are much faster with better texturing
- Linux has lower interactive latency for 2.6 series
- Network cards are ten times faster (at similar price)
- Shuttle mission collected worldwide topography data
FlightGear has changed a lot to use all that
Other areas have improved too ...
Currently FlightGear offers external and pilot views of the cockpit and of the improved 3D scenery. Terrain, land use and airport data can be downloaded and worldwide the scenery automatically is accessible for the area you choose to simulate flying in.
The simulator includes a web server that enables a remote computer to request a screenshot of the display in real time.
There is even a video available on the website.